Bloons Tower Defence
Bloons Tower Defense (also known as Bloons TD or BTD) is a series of tower defense games under the Bloons series created and produced by Ninja Kiwi. The game was initially developed as a browser game, built upon the Adobe Flash platform and released in mid-2007. Later games in the series expanded to support various mobile platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DSi, Windows, Linux, and MacOS. Games in the Bloons series older than Bloons TD 6 are available through the Ninja Kiwi Archive on Steam.
In the game, players attempt to prevent Bloons (the in-game name for balloons) from reaching the end of a set course by placing towers or road items along it that can pop the bloons in a variety of ways, typically by using the power of monkeys. A handful of towers can stall the bloons and give the other towers more time to pop them by freezing and gluing the bloons. Money is gained by popping bloons, completing rounds, and collecting bananas from existing banana farms which can be spent on new towers, upgrades for existing ones, or temporary items such as exploding pineapples and road spikes.
In Bloons Tower Defense, your task is to place towers or road items along the course to prevent Bloons from reaching the end. The controls for the game are as follows:
- Use the mouse to select and place towers or road items.
- Use the arrow keys to move the screen.
- Press the spacebar to start the round.
To get the highest score in Bloons Tower Defense, you need to be quick and strategic. Here are some tips to help you achieve your goal:
- Start by focusing on creating vertical lines of bloons. This will help you clear the board faster and make room for new bloons.
- Use combos wisely. They can help you clear the board faster and get higher scores.
- Be mindful of the colors of the bloons. Try to create lines of the same color to get more points.
- Keep an eye on the speed of the game. As the game progresses, the speed of the falling bloons increases, so you need to be quick to keep up.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different strategies. The more you play, the better you’ll get at the game.